The First Alien Contact And UFO Sighting Of The 20th Century
May 13th, 1917 may have been the date of the first UFO sighting of the 20th century.
According to Jim Marrs, a well-known former newspaper journalist and New York Times and best-selling author, the Fatima incident is a well-documented event of the first UFO sighting and alien contact case of the 20th century.
Much of the information regarding what happened is available for the ones willing to dig it up. Some of the authors that documented the event even seem to suggest that the Vatican was involved in a massive cover-up to prevent the real information from being revealed to the public.
What happened can be resumed as a series of anomalies that started to take place on May 13, 1917. The facts refer to tree children, Lucia, Francisco and Jacinta with ten, nine and seven years old respectively, that while watching sheep, saw a flash of lightning followed by the appearance of a “small lady” (their words) suspended in the air, at the top of an oak tree. The lady told them she would return to that exact place every month for a six-month period, until the last visit, which took place on October 13, 1917. Those appearances were allegedly witnessed by several people that used to follow the children to the original location.
The “lady” alledgely appeared, as promised. As the word started spreading out regarding the monthly apparitions in Fatima, people from all over Portugal showed up in growing numbers. The final and sixth appearance of the “Virgin Mary” on October 13th, 1917, had an estimated crowd of about 60,000 people. From that day on, that event was known as the “Miracle of the Sun.”
On that day, about 60,000 pilgrims flock to the oak tree location to witness the “miracle”. People from all over Portugal, as well as reporters from several news publications such as “O Século” were present to report the event. Different opinions were gathered with people witnessing nothing at all to reporting having seen a “dancing” sun and a bee’s like buzzing sound.
The children were the only ones able to telepathically “hear” the apparition, which is similar to other reported contactee cases where communication with aliens is usually also telepathic. All the other people just witnessed some of the strange events that took place there. Those events include a bee’s buzzing sound, every time the apparition spoke, strange disappearing clouds giving place to a dancing sun ( a possible reference to a UFO sighting), weird storm phenomena or the sudden stop of the falling rain at the time of the apparition.
Many of the witnesses mention the fact that, out of nowhere, people close dried up instantly (it was raining on that day), which is interesting in the sense that many contactee cases report losing track of time. Others witnessed seeing what got referred to as “angel hair” that started falling from the sky. This phenomenon is also recurring to other UFO sightings ( //www.dailygrail.com/Essays/2004/10/Tripped-Angel-Hair-Part-I).
The Plot Thickens
Dr. Manuel Formigão who was assigned by the Vatican to document everything Lucia and the other 2 seers were saying about the apparition, has written notes in which the apparition never said who she was, despite the mainstream knowledge regarding this issue that the apparition was the virgin Mary.
When Lucia asked the Lady where she’s from, the ghost merely pointed her finger up to the sky. Lucia, one of the children, interpreted that as the Lady indicating, they came from heaven, a holy heaven, instead of merely pointing out towards the stars.
Let’s not forget that the Portugal of 1917 wasn’t modern society it is today. Back then, people had reduced or none education, was heavily rural and religious, making more likely that their interpretation of the event went to a religious sense, instead of any other possible interpretations.
It is all the information Lucia ever got from the apparition, regarding who she was and where she was from.
This engaging story sure deserves a closer look over the discrepancies of the documented facts. The religious version of events regarding the Fatima incident seems to point out, accordingly to many well-documented studies, to a UFO cover-up scenario. And since proof of UFO facts is most times sketchy, to say the least, I guess it’s up to the reader to investigate and judge the facts.
Facts Pointing Out to UFO Sighting
- Among the crowd was Professor Almeida Garrett, a prominent writer and politician, who described the phenomena in the following terms: “It was raining hard, and the rain trickled down everyone’s clothes. Suddenly, the sun shone through the dense cloud which covered it: everybody looked in its direction. It seemed like a disc, of a very definite contour.”
- In the subsequent interviews made to Lucia and the other children, they had never said that it was the Virgin Mary. Many point out to the fact that it was the other people who heard of their story that start referring to the little lady as the Virgin Mary. Most of the influences regarding this fact point out to their close family, friends and priests, which were all highly religious. The children simply called the being a “little woman,” because according to the children, the apparition was only about 3’7″ (1,1 meters).
It’s not difficult to understand that in the early 19th century, a highly religious and rural Portugal community trying to identify something that they have never seen, relate to it by what they knew well about – a religious event.
This interpretation of the event was likely to be well accepted by the religious community and leaders of the time as it served the interest of religious power. After all, we’re talking about a before-television, before-Internet period, with extremely low educated people going to church every Sunday with little knowledge to make much sense of it all.
- The village priest, the first to get Lucia’s and the other children’s testimonies had, allegedly, to leave the village because he didn’t believe it was the Virgin Mary the kids saw.
- When Lucia asked the apparition for her name, she was told the name would get known on 13th October, but that never happened. According to the documented facts, Lucia continued calling her “Little Lady” because of this.
- Coincidence or not, just as was predicted by the apparition, two of the children that saw the apparition died very young. And even more interesting and suspicious is that the last of the three children, Lucia, entered into a nun monastery and took a silent vow. She was only rarely, and very restricted seen to speak publicly, and communication with the “outside” world was made mostly by letter and always under a needed “superior” authorization.
- Allegedly, the sketches Lucia drew way back in the 20’s were confiscated by the church, and might well be in the Vatican archives by now.
- The Dr. Manuel Formigão (priest) interviews, which took place in the few days and weeks before and after the day of the Miracle of the Sun (October 13th), might shine some light of the leading facts regarding the UFO theory. Some of the documented facts point to the non moving lips of the apparition, or to the fact that the apparition was blindingly bright at times.
Some excerpts from the interviews that are included in the book HEAVENLY LIGHTS: The Apparitions of Fatima and the UFO Phenomenon (Link Bellow)
Oct 19/1917, Interview of Francisco:
Formigâo: “When our Lady was over the oak tree did you HEAR what she said to Lucia?”
Formigâo: “Did you hear the sound of her voice?”
Formigâo: “Did it seem as if she were not speaking?”
Formigâo: “Did you see her lips move?”
Formigâo: “Did you see her laugh?”
September 27/1917, Interview of Lucia:
Formigâo: “Did she smile sometimes, or was she sad?”
Lucia: “She neither smiled nor was she sad; she was always serious.”
September 27/1917, Interview of Lucia:
Formigâo: “Why do you often lower your eyes, instead of keeping them on the Lady?”
Lucia: “Because she sometimes blinds me.”
September 27/1917, Interview of Lucia:
Formiagâo: “Did she tell you and your cousins to say certain prayers?”
Lucia: “She told us to say the Rosary in honor of Our Lady of the Rosary, to obtain the peace of the world.” (Might be influenced by heavily religious mother, father, and friends of the children)
Formigâo: “On the 13th of October will our Lady come alone?”
Lucia: “St. Joseph and the Holy Child will come, and a little time afterward the world will have peace.”
Formigâo: “Did our Lady reveal anything more?”
Lucia: “She said that, on the 13th of October, she would perform a miracle so that the people can believe that she appeared.”
Formigâo: “Did she teach you any prayer?”
Lucia: “Yes, and she wants us to recite it after each mystery of the Rosary.”
F: “Do you know this prayer by heart?”
F: “Say it.”
Lucia: “O my Jesus, forgive us and deliver us from the fire of hell. Take all souls to heaven, especially those who are most in need.”
October 13, 1917 (about 6 hours after the miracle of the Sun) Interview of Lucia:
Formigâo: “What did the Lady say this last time?”
Lucia: “She said: ‘I have come here to tell you that people must not offend our Lord anymore. Because He is very much offended and that if the people amend their lives the war (1st WW) will end, and if not the world will end.’
Below is a summary of the Fatima apparition descriptions from Page 18 of the 2005 book entitled: “Heavenly Lights, The Apparitions of Fatima and the UFO Phenomenon” by the Portuguese historians Dr. Joaquim Fernandes, Ph.D. and Dr. Fina D’Armada (RIP – Died March 2014). (Link Bellow)
- She was an apparently feminine and very beautiful figure. She was wrapped in a light “that blinded.”
- She measured approximately 3 1/2 feet (1.10 meters) tall.
- She appeared to be between 12 and 15 years old.
- She wore a skirt, a coat, and maybe a cape, which was white.
- Her skirt and robe had a checkered pattern of gold thread.
- She had two or three cords at her waist.
- She wore something on her head that covered her ears and hair.
- She had black eyes. (Really???)
- She had some strand of beads on her neck, some type of hoop earrings at her neck, and had a luminous ball at her waist.
- She came from above and disappeared, little by little, back up into the sky.
- She made no facial movements and did not move her legs.
- She spoke without moving her lips.
- She moved only her hands, once in a while.
- She turned her back to the children when she rose up in the sky.
There aren’t any photographs of the actual Miracle of the Sun with all the events that allegedly happened, not just on that day but on all the other 6 previous months. Even though there were many reporters there that took some pictures of the “Miracle of the sun” day, but not of the apparition or of the “dancing sun” itself. Some authors claim that the photographs of those events might be found deep within the bosom of the Vatican Library.
Alleged third secret is a forgery (documentation provided):
Some state the handwriting of Lucy’s in the 3rd secret is fake. According to Father Alonso and Cardinal Ottaviani, //www.tldm.org/news/lucys_writing.htm (The Secret of Fatima: Fact and Legend, Fr. Joaquin Alonso, p. 65) “She has written on one sheet of paper what Our Lady told her to tell the Holy Father.” But in the alleged original document it is in fact written on both sides. (//www.tldm.org/news/critique1b-word.htm)
Jim Marr’s last paragraphs on the Foreword of the book “Celestial Secrets: The Hidden History of the Fatima Incident” said: “This book, however, may change all that. In Celestial Secrets, the secret history of Fatima becomes a lot less hidden. For the true believer and the skeptic alike — Celestial Secrets provides the best researched, the most detailed, and the most comprehensive look at the Fatima apparitions ever published. The reader will learn how the Society of Jesus suppressed the facts of Fatima; how the Jesuits portrayed the “pretty little lady” described by the young shepherds as the Virgin Mary; and how they manipulated the testimony of direct participants to support their suppositions. Fatima, it seems, was an early episode in the cosmic Watergate.”
Hopefully, more facts regarding the Fatima incident may arise as it seems to raise more questions than answers. Some speculate the real third Fatima secret may be answers regarding what this phenomenon really was, while others say the secrets were made up to help justify Lucia’s vow of silence to keep the secrecy of the whole matter.
For now, one can only hope time won’t keep us waiting for long from knowing what happened in the Fatima incident. We may even never know what happened. Only time will tell.
I’m finding out the world as I move forward. It’s amazing to understand what life really means.
I feel your web site is becoming a growing number of readers.
Yes, they were extraterrestrial.
If she told to a reporter that what she saw didn’t talk, then lucia must have the possibility to be mistaken it as a lady. Angels/heavenly beings or what you call them don’t always defined by gender. Since it’s beautiful appearance made lucia believe it was a lady then that’s how her story will go. But still the point is an alien visited us here. And they are upset of our sins as the alien told lucia it’s Lord is offended.
If she told to a reporter that what she saw didn’t talk, then lucia must have the possibility to be mistaken it as a lady. Angels/heavenly beings or what you call them don’t always defined by gender. Since it’s beautiful appearance made lucia believe it was a lady then that’s how her story will go. But still the point is an alien visited us here. And they are upset of our sins as, the alien told lucia, it’s Lord is offended.